Data Governance (DG) Council
Terms of Reference
- Promote the institutional data governance program goals to support the responsible use of high- quality institutional data.
- Collaborate with the R&A Council to oversee IDS initiatives and monitor evaluation plans.
- Engage with the Institutional Research and Data Governance (IRDG) office and working groups to gather requirements and/or recommendations for strategic initiatives.
- Review and provide guidance around recommended data governance processes, frameworks, and guidelines.
- Approve data domains and appoint data trustees.
- Act as a mediation panel to resolve complex data governance issues.
- Oversee standing committees and ad hoc working groups, as required.
- Provide regular updates to the Institutional Data Strategy Steering Committee.
|Susan McCahan (Chair)||Vice-Provost, Academic Programs and Vice Provost, Innovations in Undergraduate Education
|Andrea Russell||Director, Academic Affairs, Vice-President & Provost Office
|Angelique Saweczko||University Registrar
|Lorraine Ferris||Associate Vice-President, Research Oversight and Compliance
|Cherilyn Nobleza||Executive Director, HR Transformation & Analytics
|Rafael Eskenazi||Director, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Office
|Isaac Straley||Chief Information Security Officer
|Tys Klumpenhouwer||University Archivist
|Kiren Handa||Executive Director, Institutional Research and Data Governance
|Normand Labrie||Interim Dean, OISE
|Nathan Taback||Special Advisor to the Dean - Computational and Data Science, Faculty of Arts & Science
|Susan Senese||Interim Chief Administrative Officer, UTM
|Fiorella Foscarini||Associate Professor and Director, Master of Information Program, Faculty of Information
|Lee Vernich||Director, Office of Research, Dalla Lana School of Public Health
|Daniel Silver||Associate Professor, Faculty of Sociology, UTSC
For academic divisional members, term length will be 2-3 years and staggered to maintain continuity.
Frequency of Meetings
The DG Council will meet 6-7 times per year.
For members of the DG Council, meeting documents can be accessed here.