The all-new Institutional Data Hub Team will be a place to join the conversation, receive support, be updated on upcoming training sessions, upgrades and outage, read articles as well as valuable tips and tricks, and be notified about our community events and data initiatives. Taking full advantage of this powerful collaboration tool, we will utilize the chat, audio-visual and web conferencing capabilities of Teams, to support you through multiple mediums as well as provide a forum for all to share their ideas.
How to get started?
You can use Microsoft Teams application through Office 365 or you can download the desktop application at Microsoft’s Download Center.
How do I join the UofT Institutional Data Hub Team?
Upon opening application, select Teams on the left-hand menu.
At the bottom of the Teams pane select Join or Create a Team
We look forward to seeing you there!
In Tableau 2018.3, there’s a variety of new features, including dashboard extensions, geo data spatial join, new web authoring tools, and one click heatmaps.
Here is a short glance of some new features you may be interested in:
Dashboard extensions: Developers can now create dashboard extensions that enable users to integrate and interact with data from other applications directly in Tableau. For example, extension can write data back to the database, refresh dashboards every N seconds, connect to the third-party APIs and more.
New visual aids to design better views:
- Perform a nested sort with one click
- Visually align dashboard items with a grid
- See a preview while dragging floating dashboard items
- Float transparent filters, parameters, and highlighters over dashboards
- Automatically optimize dashboard layouts for mobile devices
Prepare, edit and view data on the directly on the web:
- Create multi-connection data sources and cross-database joins
- Copy, union, and pivot data on the web
One click Heatmaps
- Once a difficult visualization to create, you can now turn millions of marks with a click of a button into a useful concentration of marks to aid you in your visual analysis.
Include colleagues on data conversations with @mentions: engage your colleagues in a conversation about data in a dashboard.
More information about the new features can be found here: https://www.tableau.com/products/new-features