Research & Innovation
- The University published 578 papers related to SDG1 between 2017 and 2021, making them the 4th institution in the world by number of publications.
- In 2022-23 academic year there are 129 undergraduate courses related to this SDG.
The list of courses is available at: https://sustainability.utoronto.ca/resources/inventories/sustainability-course-inventory/
Operations & support
- Approximately 25% of students at the University of Toronto come from low income families
- The average expenditure on scholarships and bursaries is more than $3,000 per student.
- See the Performance Indicators for Governance report, p51-52, for details:
- The University has a Student Financial Support policy, whereby: “No student offered admission to a program at the University of Toronto should be unable to enter or complete the program due to lack of financial means.“
Outreach & Partnership
- The University operates many Access Programs for potential students who would not enter or succeed at the University without intervention. See p61-63 of the Performance Indicators for Governance report for details.
THE Impact Rankings
The University of Toronto did not submit data for this SDG in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings.