Research & Innovation
- The University published 518 research papers related to SDG12 between 2017 and 2021, making them the 89th institution in the world when measured by the number of publications.
- In 2022-23 academic year there are 152undergraduate courses related to SDG12.
The list of courses is available at: https://sustainability.utoronto.ca/resources/inventories/sustainability-course-inventory/
Operations & support
- Recycling and waste reduction are high priorities at the University of Toronto and the University’s sustainability offices at the St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough campuses provide a wealth of information about waste reduction and recycling policies and procures.
- The three campuses generated 4,400 metric tons of waste in 2021-22 and 2,800 tons were recycled.
THE Impact Rankings
The University of Toronto was ranked in the 201-300 band in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for SDG 12. The breakdown of scores are as follows:
|Proportion or recycled waste:||0*|
|Sustainability report publication||100|
* Data submitted by U of T was only for the St George campus and this was not accepted by THE.