Research & Innovation
- The University published 1,380 papers related to SDG4 between 2017 and 2021, making them the 3rd institution in the world by the number of publications.
- In 2022-23 academic year there are 326 undergraduate courses related to SDG4.
The list of courses is available at: https://sustainability.utoronto.ca/resources/inventories/sustainability-course-inventory/
Operations & support
- The School of Continuing Studies offers over 700 courses in 40 program areas.
- The Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) is a recognized global leader in teaching, learning, continuing teacher education and education research.
Outreach & Partnership
- The Centre for Community Partnerships connects students with opportunities to take and action and learn from intentional community based partnerships outside of the classroom, while building sustainable partnerships with community organizations across the GTA and Peel regions.
- The University operates many Access Programs for potential students who would not enter or succeed at the University without intervention. For more information see the Performance Indicators for Governance report, p61.
THE Impact Rankings
The University of Toronto was ranked in the band 401-600 in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for SDG 4. The breakdown of scores are as follows:
|% of grads with teaching qualifications:||10.8*|
|Lifelong learning measures:||92.1|
|% first generation students:||25.9|
* Note that the denominator in this ratio is the total number of graduates and the University of Toronto scores lower because of its size and diversity of programming.