Research & Innovation
- The University published 541 papers related to SDG6 between 2017 and 2021, measured by the number of publications the University was ranked outside the top 100 universities in the world.
- In 2022-23 academic year there are 77 undergraduate courses related to SDG6.
The list of courses is available at: https://sustainability.utoronto.ca/resources/inventories/sustainability-course-inventory/
Operations & support
- The University is committed to sustainable buildings both new and old. New buildings are built to LEED silver standard at minimum and older buildings are being retrofitted.
- Across the three campuses the University of Toronto used 1.4million cubic meters of water in 2021-22.
Outreach & Partnership
- The Drinking Water Research Group work with partners from industry and government on a wide range of projects related to municipal drinking water.
THE Impact Rankings
The University of Toronto was ranked in the band 101-200 in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for SDG 6. The breakdown of scores are as follows:
|Water consumption per person:||8.4*|
|Water usage and care:||93.3|
|Water in the community:||63.3|
* Data submitted by U of T was only for the St George campus and this was not accepted by THE.