Research & Innovation
- The University published 830 research papers related to SDG8 between 2017 and 2021, making them the 21st institution in the world when measured by the number of publications.
- In 2022-23 academic year there are 387 undergraduate courses related to SDG8.
The list of courses is available at: https://sustainability.utoronto.ca/resources/inventories/sustainability-course-inventory/
Operations & support
- The University of Toronto has 28 employee groups (unions and others).
- The University of Toronto has multiple awards as an employer including: Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2022
- Canada’s Top Family Friendly employers 2022
- Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022
- Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022
- Canada’s Best Diversity Employer 2022
- The University of Toronto has a set of policies that advance intentionally inclusive environment free from discrimination and harassment
- More than 5,400 students per year participate in work-integrated-learning programs at the University of Toronto. Some examples include:
Outreach & Partnership
- The University of Toronto Entrepreneurship community consists of 10+ accelerators across our three campuses. They have supported the creation of more than 600 companies and created more than 9,000 jobs.
THE Impact Rankings
The University of Toronto was ranked 80th in the Times Higher Education Impact Rankings for SDG 8. The breakdown of scores are as follows:
|Expenditure per employee:||68.5|
|% of students on work placements:||27.6|
|% of staff on secure contracts:||74.3|